Once a class is closed, you can add your name to the wait-list using Albert. If one of the students who is registered for the closed course drops it, the first person on the wait-list is automatically enrolled and all other students on the wait-list advance one position.
Important Points about wait-lists:
- Please note that if you have another class on your schedule that is in conflict with the class you have been wait-listed for then you will be passed over on the wait-list.
- To avoid being passed over please set up a Swap in Albert
- Additionally, you will not be notified via email if you are added from the wait-list you will need to check your schedule in Albert regularly to see if you are added from the wait-list.
- Bill payment does not impact your spot on a wait-list. Charges for classes will not appear on your Bursar account until you are officially enrolled in the class. At that time, you will have a week to pay for those class charges.
- Adding your name to a course wait-list does not guarantee enrollment.
- After a certain period (see below) course wait-lists are deactivated for the term. If you have not been able to enroll in your wait-listed course by the time the wait-lists have been deactivated, it is no longer an option for the term and it will not appear on your schedule.
Fall and spring wait-lists are deactivated the last day of the second week of classes, (the last day Albert is available for registration for the term.
Summer and J-term wait-lists are deactivated the last day Albert is available for registration for the session.